Sign in to follow this  
richx

converting windows

instead of looking .. can u convert wind up windows to electris someone told me that it has the option to change and all the wireing is there

Also interested in the reply of this topic, I'm sure I've read it somewhere else before but can't for the life of me remember if it's possible or not.

The plugs for the electric window wiring and mounting holes for the motors etc are all there. I pulled the glass out of a facelift with manual winding windows and a prefacelift with electric windows..... the glass was a different shape where it attaches to the mechanisim. I don't know if they were different because one was FL and the other preFL or if it was because one had electric windows and the other didn't. So you may have to replace all the glass too.

As greame said you just have do get the right parts and it should all bolt up fine. I wouldn't bother with the effort though. I could have changed my windows to electric but didn't bother, wind up is so much more reliable and its lighter as well.