Sign in to follow this  
TIZZLA

E30 PFL headlight issues

The other day i noticed that only one of my headlights is working on low beam

I then discovered that my right side headlights let you change the bulbs but the left side ones are sealed up. Also my park light setting uses the indicators, not the headlights. Is that normal?

Anyway the outer light on the left side works on high beam but not on low beam. Is there 2 bulbs in there or am i dealing with a wiring issue? I checked that its getting power on low beam.

cheers

yes it is normal for PFL e30 front indicators to double as park lights.

e30 outer headlights run a double beam bulb (two filaments in the same bulb, one high beam one low beam)

your outer left hand headlight is only working on high because the low beam filament has blown.

as it is a sealed beam headlamp you have to replace the whole unit rather than just the bulb. theyre cheap as chips to buy and any autoparts shop will be able to sort you out with one.

Odd that you have Seal Beam and non sealed beam between the two sides

Appco have them for $18 a light for the high/ low sealed beam.

On that note, Repco / Appco seem to be the only place in Dunedin I can find Sealed Beam lights, recently the only ones they now stock have started being manufactured in China and last couple haven't lasted as long as I would hope, starting to get a stack of lights with blown low beams.

Interested in alternatives