Sign in to follow this  
swauto

DVB-T free view NZ for Dynavin is now available

Have just confirmed with Dynavin today that "MPEG-4/H.264/AVC"

TV tuner box is now available for NZ market.

Now you can purchase this for your Dynavin unit and watch NZ free view in your car!

$349 with Head unit purchase

$369 for DVB-T box only

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

ooo like the sound of this

can you elaborate on the Antenna setup? or recommended antenna setup?

ooo like the sound of this

can you elaborate on the Antenna setup? or recommended antenna setup?

The Antenna come with the DVB-T box, I will try to set it up on a E90 next week and upload some pictures after that.

any update on this?

Sorry Matt, Manufacture could not send to me last week as custom in China had held their shipment. They will send some sample next week, hopfully I can get it very soon.

Sorry Matt, Manufacture could not send to me last week as custom in China had held their shipment. They will send some sample next week, hopfully I can get it very soon.

Now the Dynavin DVB-T box is fully tested, works for all NZ freeview channels

Support subtitle

TV info

support high resolution 1080i

now open for ordering

$369 for DVB-T box only

Now the Dynavin DVB-T box is fully tested, works for all NZ freeview channels

Support subtitle

TV info

support high resolution 1080i

now open for ordering

$369 for DVB-T box only

Any pics or info on antenna setup?

no, I didnt plug it into a car and just test it on bench, and even the antenna works great in the building

will upload the picture on the actual unit soon

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

Posted Image

two antenna cables, you can run through both A pillars of the car, and fix it on top of the windscreen.

no additional power is needed as it will get power and control from the cable directly pugged into the Dynavin head unit

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

Antenna is so easy to setup, I have tested it on a Merc E55 yesterday. Customer is extreamly happy with the antenna setup and impressed that awsome digital picture on the screen. I forgot to take the picture on the anntena fitting on the car, but will revisit the customer next week, so I will take picture and post it up here. Basically, it just go through both A pillar and fitted on top of the windscreen, it is really hard to notice either inside or outside of the car once it is installed.

This is special made for NZ standard. So do not buy from sellers in oversea as it will not going to work for NZ freeview.

Really worth to buy and gurantee you will be happy with it. :rolleyes:

What would be good is to use the existing diversity TV antenna system on the BMW and connect it to the Dynavin MPEG4 TV tuner

The existing BMW diversity system uses twin TV antennas, with tuned on-glass elements, and built in amplifiers. The antennas are on the rear window, or rear side windows of the BMW (depending on model of BMW)

As the antenna amp works at the RF signal level, it works equally well for analogue as well as for digital signals.

The BMW system is powered by a 12V feed in the center line of the coax. It may also work on 5V, if the Dynavin uses 5V as the antenna amp power supply.

So simply connect the Dynavin antenna connectors (coax) to the BMW in car TV antennas, and try it out.

It would make installation much nicer and avoid fitting extra unsightly antennas on the vehicle

What would be good is to use the existing diversity TV antenna system on the BMW and connect it to the Dynavin MPEG4 TV tuner

The existing BMW diversity system uses twin TV antennas, with tuned on-glass elements, and built in amplifiers. The antennas are on the rear window, or rear side windows of the BMW (depending on model of BMW)

As the antenna amp works at the RF signal level, it works equally well for analogue as well as for digital signals.

The BMW system is powered by a 12V feed in the center line of the coax. It may also work on 5V, if the Dynavin uses 5V as the antenna amp power supply.

So simply connect the Dynavin antenna connectors (coax) to the BMW in car TV antennas, and try it out.

It would make installation much nicer and avoid fitting extra unsightly antennas on the vehicle

good idea but if the car does not have video module then there is no TV antenna in the car.

also, even try to use the original one, then still need to run cable from front to back, so will be extra job to do.

good idea but if the car does not have video module then there is no TV antenna in the car.

True. Good point!

also, even try to use the original one, then still need to run cable from front to back, so will be extra job to do.

If it was my car, I would prefer to do that then to have extra antennas on my windows... but that is just me.

I helped some other guys split the antenna signal from the original BMW analogue TV tuner and feed a digital TV tuner, worked very well.

I helped some other guys split the antenna signal from the original BMW analogue TV tuner and feed a digital TV tuner, worked very well.

Sounds good, just that people who has got video module means that they will have OEM screen, so most likely, they dont want to change the OEM screen with the Dynavin unit :rolleyes:

how long are the antenna leads? long enough to go to the back window?

Also once the android version of the e39 unit is out i assume this will work the same with it?

how long are the antenna leads? long enough to go to the back window?

Also once the android version of the e39 unit is out i assume this will work the same with it?

The leads is not long enough to go back to rear window. I put it on top of the windscreen and it is really hard to notice either from inside or outside.

Yes, it will work on the Andriod based e39 in future no problem.