Sign in to follow this  
bmwNewbe

e46 obc function enable.

i have a bc stalk that has been fitted to my e46 although the old owner that had it fitted never had it enabled.

the car never had the obc function from the factory and the old owner was starting to carry out a retrofit of the obc but never had it enabled,i have checked and there is an outside temp sensor etc all on the car and seams all is ok other than enableing it. i have checked bmw dealers within a 200mile area and all of them are telling me they need the old system to enable it and they simply dont use it any more nor have it.

im sure one of them is bound to but simply dont want to plug it all back in and get it runing again to do a 5 min job,(you know how dealers can be)

well a mate of mine has both the carsoft leads and another lead that plugs directly into the serial port so i was wondering if anyone has came across a software that may or may not have the ability to enable the obc function.

thanks in advance