Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

FD RX7 Seats into BMW

Ok, so my dad just imported an FD RX7 to make a race car out of, basically he's gona strip everything out of it.

I told him I bags the seats, they are so comfortable, so now I am on a mission, to fit them in my 318.

Anyone have advice on how I should do about this? Just try fit them on the stock rails?

use as much stock stuff as possible, alothough I fail to see how much more comfortable they would be than bmw sports seats, or more supportive than race buckets....... get race buckets, mmm sparco.... much more blingin' yo

Trust me, these are way more comfortable that BMW seats. They're bucket seats with a bit more padding, basically, which is what I like :P

Can you ask him if he wants to sell the fron pully kit? i take it if hes making it a full race car he'll be using biger belt an pully kit.

No, he'll be leaving it standard, he's taking the turbos out to make it slower, so I don't think he'd need a new pulley kit lol

No, he'll be leaving it standard, he's taking the turbos out to make it slower, so I don't think he'd need a new pulley kit lol

ewww low compression rotary :huh: :gay:

Rules of Pro 7 are, if you want to enter an FD, you gota make it NA. I've smacked my dad over the head for it, I think he should just go in the open class, but no. :wacko:

word that, still, should mac the n/a rotors in there..... every rota I've ever been in that runs turbo rotors without a turbo was fairly sluggish

i here ya mate, if you build at motor properly you can get very good power out of them, as for a 12a Periferal port you can get 300hp out of them with a down draft and tuned properly, its alot to do with your fuel setup and fine tuning.

Dads mate with an NA FD, he's P/Ped his, goes really good.

Anyway, decided not to use the seats, might try find some Bride seats.

Dads mate with an NA FD, he's P/Ped his, goes really good.

Anyway, decided not to use the seats, might try find some Bride seats.

of course it would....... it'd have N/A rotors in there as well

peripheral port rocks my world

of course it would....... it'd have N/A rotors in there as well

peripheral port rocks my world

yeah turbo rotors are to low in compresion, so you'll find it bloodly hard to start off the key most of the time, if your running n/a with turbo rotors,

Where do you get rails for E36? Thinking of putting in a Bride racing seat, but they're mostly made for Jappa cars, so I need to find rails for BMW

Guest Andrew

Where do you get rails for E36? Thinking of putting in a Bride racing seat, but they're mostly made for Jappa cars, so I need to find rails for BMW

you make a bracket

i fitted rx7 seats, just used the rails from the 7. Fitted fine. Just got my dad to do the welding was all good. Was pretty easy too. But if you want to avoid a cert this aint much help. Although for the effort of fitting them to the originals a cert is prolly worth it in the end :P