Sign in to follow this  
nickbawt

FS: E34 540iA

Hi Guys,

=============

Car is now sold

=============

trademe link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-380609648.htm

As the title says Im selling the E34 due to being posted overseas with work for the rest of the year. Ideally Id like to keep it but as it makes me cringe to think its going to be sitting there for the next 7 months and Ive spent a bit of money bringing it up to speed. I want to list it here first, then trademe in a couple of days as I would want it to go back into the community rather than some pleb on trademe who would just run it into the ground. I need to sell it before I deploy so hopefully one of you guys will snatch it up!

Car was previously owned by then Mike-E34, I since bought it off him and put on Simon's old Beyern's and added some tinting to the windows.

Details of the car:

1993 BMW E34 540iA

285,000Km's

Asking price $4000ono

The car's colour is factory and has a name I cant pronounce as its colour code is in german (metallic blue). It has a cream leather interior that is in good condition but has signs of wear on the drivers seat and slight scuff marks on the back seat bench. Since owning it Ive had replaced all the brake disks and brake pads, handbrake shoes, input diff seal, gear box seal, reaction arms, alternator and the previous owner had the radiator/coolant and hoses replaced. There is no oil/lubricant seepage on the engine, gearbox or diff. It doesn’t burn any oil or use any coolant. Its fitted with staggered 18" (front: 18x8.5, back: 18x9.5) Beyern "Rapp" alloys. It has near new Toyo T1R tyres. It has a LSD fitted as a factory option. Its been serviced every 6 months at Burgers Motor Works Ltd and has a service history from myself and the owner beforehand. Comes with original wheels.

As always there will be things wrong with an 18 year old 5 series, these are:

- drivers seat adjustment controls are inverted, no idea why but hasnt concerned me. Also drivers tilt is faulty whereas if you want to ride dirty with a 45' angle it feels like only half the seat it going down, if your not a douche though and drive normally its fine.

- when engaging lights the exterior lights come on but the interior lights take about 10 seconds to come up.

- Infamous Lic-plate and Tail-light errors on OBC.

- Expected stone chips on front bumper.

- Rear right hand side window tint has peeled slightly

- Left hand window squeaks when it goes down.

None of the faults are major, and alot of them are just me being picky but I best point them out. Its a good looking 5 series.

Any questions of if you want to view hit me up: 0212327669 or PM me. Im based on the north shore but drive out to whenuapai everyday.

Cheers,

Nick

edit: for those with eagle eyes, in the first pic the exhaust is after-market but I decided it didnt like it so its back to stock.

edit2: tradedme link added.

post-4601-1306708578.jpg

post-4601-1306708588.jpg

post-4601-1306708593.jpg

post-4601-1306708612.jpg

Edited by nickbawt