Sign in to follow this  
gomate

Need Help in Christchurch! 04 545i Transmission faulty

Hi Guys, anyone can recommend a decent BMW workshop in Christchurch? was told that JeffGray BMW is no good.

Purchased my 545i a few months ago (was a 4.5 car imported from japan with 47k on the clock)

Had trasmission faulty msg came up twice (car wouldnt start after the msg turned up but making cracky noise,

Left it for a few minits then back to normal.) This morning it turned off itself while waiting in the traffic (gear was on drive)

Seems this zf transmission does have some problem but would like to know where would be a good workshop to have it checked.

I have autosure mechanical warrenty.

Many Thanks guys!

Aceomatics in Stanmore Road are good on auto transmissions! They also have a branch in Clarence St, Addington (near Lincoln Road). Have had a couple of jobs done by the Stanmore Road shop and they were quite ok! They are approved for warranty work.

Hi Guys, anyone can recommend a decent BMW workshop in Christchurch? was told that JeffGray BMW is no good.

Purchased my 545i a few months ago (was a 4.5 car imported from japan with 47k on the clock)

Had trasmission faulty msg came up twice (car wouldnt start after the msg turned up but making cracky noise,

Left it for a few minits then back to normal.) This morning it turned off itself while waiting in the traffic (gear was on drive)

Seems this zf transmission does have some problem but would like to know where would be a good workshop to have it checked.

I have autosure mechanical warrenty.

Many Thanks guys!

If you only purchased it a couple of months ago I would be taking it back to them and getting them to sort it for you (if it was via a dealer).

+1 on what bikerchris said

If you only purchased it a couple of months ago I would be taking it back to them and getting them to sort it for you (if it was via a dealer).

+1 on what bikerchris said

Thanks Jason, it was from Chevron quality cars and I think they have now rebranded. Anyway, will give them a call tomorrow.