Sign in to follow this  
Richy

Tyres

So i need some new tyres for my new shinny wheels, basically I'm a student and don't have much money to spend on tyres, have just recently done a wheel alignment on my e30 and its been lowered so the camber is out a lot but even on both sides so there would be no real point spending a large amount of money on tyres, ATM the tyres on the car are shocking, like shouldn't be driven shocking... so anything is going to be better. I'm looking at some 205/40/17s kinforest KF660 they'll cost me about $100 each, bad points are they made in china however they have history with Firestone and Continental ( http://www.tyrepress.com/News/1/17029.html ) they also have a DOT rating. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the brand and could offer any feed back or point me in the direction of a more suitable low price tyre. Thanks :D

So i need some new tyres for my new shinny wheels, basically I'm a student and don't have much money to spend on tyres, have just recently done a wheel alignment on my e30 and its been lowered so the camber is out a lot but even on both sides so there would be no real point spending a large amount of money on tyres, ATM the tyres on the car are shocking, like shouldn't be driven shocking... so anything is going to be better. I'm looking at some 205/40/17s kinforest KF660 they'll cost me about $100 each, bad points are they made in china however they have history with Firestone and Continental ( http://www.tyrepress.com/News/1/17029.html ) they also have a DOT rating. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the brand and could offer any feed back or point me in the direction of a more suitable low price tyre. Thanks :D

Where are you located? With the price range you have indicated, everything will be made in China. I do have some better quality Chinese made tyres in stock in your price range.

All tyres in NZ must have a DOT rating or equivalent otherwise they are illegal to sell :)

cheers

Edited by zenetti

Where are you located? With the price range you have indicated, everything will be made in China. I do have some better quality Chinese made tyres in stock in your price range.

All tyres in NZ must have a DOT rating or equivalent otherwise they are illegal to sell :)

cheers

I'm located in Tauranga going to go have a shop around today the lowest price I got after that was $129 each fitted, I'm not to fussed about fitting because I can do it at polytech, and I don't see the point going to a local shop just to get another pair of Chinese tyres when i can save $116 getting another pair of tires.

Johno sells Rotalla branded tyres, which are probably the best out of the cheap tyres from my experience.

I'd give them a go.

I'm located in Tauranga going to go have a shop around today the lowest price I got after that was $129 each fitted, I'm not to fussed about fitting because I can do it at polytech, and I don't see the point going to a local shop just to get another pair of Chinese tyres when i can save $116 getting another pair of tires.

pm sent

Oh thanks for the PM zenetti, I went to tyre master in faster cove, and got some kinforest KF660 tyres from them $100ea. Honestly the car looks a lot better and the ride feels pretty smooth and doesn't have too bad of grip, happy with them. Also thanks for the lock nuts and wheels zenetti I don't think I could have made a better choice bbs styled is so slick on e30s.

pics or it didn't happen :D .

Those Kinforest are not too bad and at $100 you really can't go wrong!