Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

Loss of Power?

Hey Guys,

This has been happening every now and again and for some reason i just forgot bout it but as of late it has been doing it almost everyday.

When accelerating it feels like i have taken my foot off the accelerator? it only does this under load and at random rev counts. and it doesnt do it all the time just when ever it seems to feel like it. i notice it alot in second gear but it does it in all gears. the gear dosent slip and rev out it just seems like i have taken my foot off.

have been to two mechanics who cant seem to diagnose the problem. one hooked it up to the computer and that came back with nothing. one said it might be the coils? (murphys law it didnt do it when either mechanic took it for a drive?????) my knowledge of the mechanics is pretty minimal just know basic stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated. little shitter cars are bossting me off the mark 0 to 60 at the lights and its bloody shamefull to say the least.

Cheers,

Brad

If it was the coils wouldnt you feel a miss? I know i had a miss when one of my coils went.

Hey Guys,

This has been happening every now and again and for some reason i just forgot bout it but as of late it has been doing it almost everyday.

When accelerating it feels like i have taken my foot off the accelerator? it only does this under load and at random rev counts. and it doesnt do it all the time just when ever it seems to feel like it. i notice it alot in second gear but it does it in all gears. the gear dosent slip and rev out it just seems like i have taken my foot off.

have been to two mechanics who cant seem to diagnose the problem. one hooked it up to the computer and that came back with nothing. one said it might be the coils? (murphys law it didnt do it when either mechanic took it for a drive?????) my knowledge of the mechanics is pretty minimal just know basic stuff.

Any help would be much appreciated. little shitter cars are bossting me off the mark 0 to 60 at the lights and its bloody shamefull to say the least.

Cheers,

Brad

If it was the coils wouldnt you feel a miss? I know i had a miss when one of my coils went.

Thats what i thought. but its not spitting or back firing. she still runs smooth az. makes me think it could be somthing electrical?