Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

Skyline problems

Hey guys, Although its not a BMW thats broken (Read E30) I thought id ask for some advice

After 3 hrs of searching it seems as if I have just run around in a full circle.

94 R33 GTS

RB20e

Manual

So the story is, Over the last two weeks the car has started to run a bit rough on idle and has had a bit of a flat spot in acceleration. All this came to a head yesterday when the 'roughness' got worse.

Symptoms are, Engine will stall if you dont nurse the gas pedal, Stutter up to ~ 2200rpm, Will run when the maf is un plugged and wont missfire or anything (limp mode).

All I have had time to do so far is check for vacuum leaks and clean the maf with air flow sensor cleaner and check the leads for spark, but nothing.

Would the fact that it runs fine in limp mode mean that thers no fuel or spark problems and that it all comes down to the maf being screwed or could there be something i have missed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

sounds like naffed maf if it runs fine on limp mode. common as mud on rb's failing that check distributor cap. process of elimination is the way i use