Sign in to follow this  
bga

E30 Auto Reverse light wiring query

hi guys.. got a question if anyone can help me out. Got a half decent E30 coupe automatic that I'm putting a bit of effort into, there are a few bits need fixing with it but mechanically it is sound . the reverse lights dont come on when the car is put into reverse, the bulbs etc are fine , it appears it may be a wiring issue as I have noticed there are some non standard wires that serve the brakelights, indicators etc etc. I have taken the cover off the gear selector and can see there has been a bit of tinkering in there (cables joined etc) . I was just going to fit a switch and manually turn on the reverse lights when necessary (I have run a wire from the console and connecting that to power turns the reverse bulbs on no problem) but was wondering if anyone could tell me which wire (if any) that serves the reverse lights from within the Auto shifter housing (don't know what else to call it I'm afraid) - I can then connect my newly run wire to the reverse lights to this and everything will hopefully be as good as new .... Thanks in advance folks

Edited by bga