Sign in to follow this  
Akanksh

E46 318i Bumper removal

Hey Guys,

Ive got a e46 318i with an off color and cracked rear bumper. Because i finally have enough funds, I've decided to finally get it fixed after owning the car for one year. I've got everything sorted for getting it fixed and re painted but I have no idea on how to take it off the car.

could someone please advise me on any tips on how to take the thing off?

cheers.

pull out black insert trim in rear bumper,remove the plastic rivets in rear wheel arches holding bumper, there will be 2 bolts where the bumper shocks are(viewed from bottom), if it is a preface lift u can just pull off the bumper but if it is a facelift then bumper should be pushed forward and outward before pulling it off

Step one: Put some fuel in the car and get it out of reserve...

Step Two: Drive to Nandos, get a full chicken and then onto Mcdz for a frozen coke.

Step three: Pull up at my house :D

Step four:Watch me eat and get the job done!

The post above me has most of the useful info but yours is slightly different being an aftermarket bumper.

pull out black insert trim in rear bumper,remove the plastic rivets in rear wheel arches holding bumper, there will be 2 bolts where the bumper shocks are(viewed from bottom), if it is a preface lift u can just pull off the bumper but if it is a facelift then bumper should be pushed forward and outward before pulling it off

chers mate. but it turned out to be less complicated then i thot ay, it was just a matter of taking the two bolts holding the bumper up by the wheel arches and it just slid out.

Step one: Put some fuel in the car and get it out of reserve...

Step Two: Drive to Nandos, get a full chicken and then onto Mcdz for a frozen coke.

Step three: Pull up at my house :D

Step four:Watch me eat and get the job done!

The post above me has most of the useful info but yours is slightly different being an aftermarket bumper.

yeh saw u get the job done today mate :P

yeh saw u get the job done today mate :P

LOL! You mean I watched you take apart half your cars interior to get your bumper out? Told you it wasa held by those two bolts!