Sign in to follow this  
rowanhol

e34 540i 6speed options

Hey all, A friend of mine is interested in this car http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=395546089

Not sure if it's a members car or has been discussed before but what is the deal with it?

I thought the 540is had all the msport options? but this appears to be a rather standard 540i 6 speed..

Can someone shed some light on this, is it a 540is or 540i, or does it not matter, did NZ just get pick n mix models?

Cheers

Hey all, A friend of mine is interested in this car http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=395546089

Not sure if it's a members car or has been discussed before but what is the deal with it?

I thought the 540is had all the msport options? but this appears to be a rather standard 540i 6 speed..

Can someone shed some light on this, is it a 540is or 540i, or does it not matter, did NZ just get pick n mix models?

Cheers

Its a 540iS...not sure what you mean by all the msport options...this has m suspension, kit, seats, head liner...what more is there??. very nice car, was owned or still is owned by Boris

Its a 540iS...not sure what you mean by all the msport options...this has m suspension, kit, seats, head liner...what more is there??. very nice car, was owned or still is owned by Boris

I thought the IS had the m5 kit, brakes, suspension, body kit, wing mirrors etc?? I'm fairly confused about the whole situation

Oh and on a side note how do i bring up the entire thread on the forum, rather than having to click on each reply?

thanks

I thought the IS had the m5 kit, brakes, suspension, body kit, wing mirrors etc?? I'm fairly confused about the whole situation

Oh and on a side note how do i bring up the entire thread on the forum, rather than having to click on each reply?

thanks

you have to do something on you settings, there is a topic in the main forum page that tells you what to do to change the thread.

nope, iS doenst have all m5 stuff, my race car below is a 535iS, you get a slip diff, m5 kit (mine now has a Zender kit) and sports interior and sports suspension (not sure if its excatly the same suspension as m5) and of course manual box, the 540is would have ASC and no slip diff from memory. Also most M5's just had normal wing mirrors, it was the later 3.8's and m5 touring that had the fancy wing mirrors (some one correct me if im wrong).

Edited by beemn

you have to do something on you settings, there is a topic in the main forum page that tells you what to do to change the thread.

nope, iS doenst have all m5 stuff, my race car below is a 535iS, you get a slip diff, m5 kit (mine now has a Zender kit) and sports interior and sports suspension (not sure if its excatly the same suspension as m5) and of course manual box, the 540is would have ASC and no slip diff from memory. Also most M5's just had normal wing mirrors, it was the later 3.8's and m5 touring that had the fancy wing mirrors (some one correct me if im wrong).

Oh yeah, I just thought the 540is was a little more special using some of the m5 goodies, this page, and it's links can be a bit confusing but i see now the m540 is the top model, followed by the 540is, then the 540i..

http://www.kindel.com/BMW/m540_info.htm

hmmm

Oh yeah, I just thought the 540is was a little more special using some of the m5 goodies, this page, and it's links can be a bit confusing but i see now the m540 is the top model, followed by the 540is, then the 540i..

http://www.kindel.com/BMW/m540_info.htm

hmmm

Yanks have all sorts of different crap badged different to the rest of the world with different options. That era was the "S" era including 325iS 535iS etc...now its more Motorsport 545i Motorsport etc... all it is is just all the sport options

The US had the M5 & 540iS (as did europe).

Canada had the M540 aka the 'Canadian M5'

Which did have a lot of the actual M5 goodies, but they did not get the 3.6 or 3.8 M5's

IIRC

The US had the M5 & 540iS (as did europe).

Canada had the M540 aka the 'Canadian M5'

Which did have a lot of the actual M5 goodies, but they did not get the 3.6 or 3.8 M5's

IIRC

So what is an nz 540is? and does anyone know what package this particular car has?

have deleted cookies and forum is working nicely

cheers

So what is an nz 540is? and does anyone know what package this particular car has?

have deleted cookies and forum is working nicely

cheers

this car is a 540iS is and is prolly the best in the country.99 percent of any 540 in NZ will be a highly specced car,but the 540iS will prolly be all but identical.The Aussie 540ile had some M5 bits.If you get the VIN you can get the actual options from any BMW dealer