Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

e30 d2 racing coilovers

I don't have any first hand experience, but haven't heard good things about D2. I'm sure someone will chip in (maybe one of the people that talked me out of D2's back a few years ago lol)

Usually they are over sprung and heavy. I have had the first gen for three years and abuse the crap out of my race car and one leaked after a year. Cost $100 to replace the damper and that was it. The top hats don't like to be removed more than a few times or the bolts come loose.

They work fine on the track and over 140kph on roads, but potholes can almost bounce you off the road.

They are ok for daily use if you still have stock seats but race seats gets a little hard. Better than just lowering springs but they really are limited and travel is short.

I'd say if you want to race skip them and save for something better. I'm currently looking for something better as last track day they were too hard for the wet.

Edited by Rabbit

I had a set a few years back in my e36 coupe. They were one of the cheapest sets on the market at the time. The ride was harsh and I ended up cracking 4 different rims. Cant say I have heard anything good about them either. They were a good deal though

im interested in some adjustables also , i think there was a guy on trademe seling some d2 for 800

im interested in some adjustables also , i think there was a guy on trademe seling some d2 for 800

yeh hes sold them alrready talked to him

but then if i spent that much i'd rather just pay a little bit extra for bc golds? arn't they better quality than xyz's?

Why would you need to? the xyz's will more than handle what you require them for.

Xyz are the same as first gen d2 just lower spring rates

Really? can you back this?

I have dealt with both types and from what ive seen the xyz's are much better not only in quality but looks, adjustment, etc, and you can specify whatever spring rates you want.