Sign in to follow this  
nordschleife

Reversing camera for E39

I want to add a reversing camera to my E39. I already have MK4 Nav and 16:9 BM retro fitted.

I see there are a couple of options on TradeMe - both are members here I think. Which is best or is there a better options from the UK or Europe that someone can direct me to?

Cheers

Matt

I want to add a reversing camera to my E39. I already have MK4 Nav and 16:9 BM retro fitted.

I see there are a couple of options on TradeMe - both are members here I think. Which is best or is there a better options from the UK or Europe that someone can direct me to?

Cheers

Matt

Grant at Hotwire has an excellent unit which has minimal disturbance to the car, ie no holes to drill

Just remember the native reverse camera input on the video module is NTSC

You can reprogram it to PAL with my NavCoder software

NTSC - Otherwise known as Never Twice the Same Colour the heinous American TV standard that should have died years ago!

Not true in this case, the camera in mine is PAL (The first batch I got were PAL by mistake of the supplier) it is exactly the same quality & colour of the NTSC units I now have - both are CCD option though which give a far superior picture

Can't say enough nice stuff about the support, price, instructions, help I got from Grant (Hotwire), just wish it was better weather and I would have taken the MV Agusta for a ride to collect.

I will have to take a look at the video module wit NavCoder and see if mine is set to NTSC or PAL. If the camera is PAL and my car is set to NTSC it seems to be working well anyway!

update: Mine is NTSC.

Edited by yo_clarkie