Sign in to follow this  
Jeff E36

Headlight crack :(

Hey all, so being a responsible person I was sober driving in to town last night at around 11.30pm. All was fine until some douchebag tossed a glass bottle at the car in front of me, which then smashed and flung right in to my car.

The major damage is a crack on my right headlight and small chips/cracks on my windscreen. In terms of the windscreen I will be covered by insurance with no excess so that's okay, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend what the best course of action is for the headlight damage.

Should I just replace the glass cover? Or are there other options? On my budget, the cheaper the option - the better, but I do want to fix it up properly. Thanks in advance all, pics below:

post-5219-1315013256.jpg

post-5219-1315013275.jpg

post-5219-1315013281.jpg

post-5219-1315013286.jpg

That sucks, didn't feel the need to lay the smackdown?

I'd have trouble restraining myself.

Oh trust me mate I was raging after the incident. Only thing is it happened so damn fast I was too busy concentrating on trying to avoid flying glass. There were cars in the lanes beside me so I couldn't really avoid it though :(

I figure they sped off as soon as they tossed it, so couldn't get a number plate down or anything either.

I guess I can just look at it positively in the fact that it could've been a lot worse =S

Glass cover usually includes lights, well it does on my AMI policy anyway.

Glass cover usually includes lights, well it does on my AMI policy anyway.

It does???

oooooooo I'm also with ami, so I should probably give them a call and see what they say!

Thanks for that! :)