Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Good outcome from hit-&-run insurance claim

On Sunday someone reversed to my front bumper at the Wellington library carpark. The driver left without leaving any details. However a parking warden did notice the accident and took down the other car's number plate (the first time I was glad there was a parking warden around).

Sent all of the details and quote for repairs to my insurance, which I got from AON Christchurch and I think from Lumley, this morning. What got me worried was the quote came in under my excess, which might leave me with doing the repair myself and trying to recover the cost from the other driver. Something that I wasn't working forward to.

However my broker came back saying that the insurance company will pay for the repair and recover the money from the other driver. Fantastic result and one that I was hoping for but worried not going to get.

So yay for Lumley insurance and AON!

BTW this was on the Porker. Panel beater is Blair Wright Johnsonville.

Edited by 318Touring

Brokers win mate, I doubt you'd get the same treatment if you went directly to them. Whenever I have an issue, I just ring my broker and he sorts it straight away.

Yeah, I get the same feeling too. I have to find out whether I'll get better deals for my other insurance policies from this broker as well :-)