Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

LEXUS V8 IN A E30

I am a new user on this site and as i have written off my old e30 I would like to do something crazy/extravagent :D with my new rolling body, i have all the running gear from the old one and was planning on doin a 325m engine swap and use my 5 spd gearbox and driveline. i Have heard theories of the possibilty of a Lexus V8 :bowdown: in an E30 but have never seen it done, if anyone can help on tech or advice and what the certification requirments are it would be appreciated. :mosh: cheers.

I thought of going with a 1UZ.

Major issues would be the brake booster & the steering column.

Not a conversion for the faint-hearted thats for sure.

there's one running in chch not sure if its on the road but it's deffinitly a driver.. will see if I can get some pics sent up..

year there is one in chch it lives just outside rangiora somewhere ive been trying to

track him down for months, lucky bugger. a mechanic i know said its bloody awesome

cheers guys pix would be much appreciated, any tech. advice you could get would be also appreciated. at least now i know it can be done :bounce:

nice work stud, I dont think he wants a brand spanking new engine... f**k that the price would be astronomical in comparison to a perfect condition secondhand unit

:rambo:

I was looking at goin second hand but what sort of price would I be looking at trade?

Does writting off an E30 make you go all crazy in the head and go nuts with your next?

I've got a project car thats underway.... Completely different from what I'd consider doing with my first one.. :lol:

A guy on e30zone.co.uk is putting a E39 M5 engine in his... Some dude in Scandinavia has got a BMW V12 in his... The possibilities seem to be fairly endless with that engine bay!

Dnt talk start choping ya car to bits to fit that big v8 i your engine bay.

I don't wanna start getting into things until i have the spec. on the engine size and what i will have to change to get it in. :drugs: and yes it does Surge, writing it off made me go very crazy :drunk: :banghead: