Sign in to follow this  
Subway

E46 Antenna Amp

Finally replaced the dreaded bmw business tape deck in my 02 e46

When I removed the headunit, it had an adapter taped to the antenna wiring it like it wasn't original

However, I looked on the options sheet from factory and it lists 661 Radio BMW Business

It looked like this btw

Posted Image

Now that I have the new headunit in (Alpine ida x305s with steering wheel controls) the radio reception seems poor, like the diversity antenna amp wasnt functioning. I know it was a problem with the pre 01 e46's where the antenna had to be wired in series from the headunit and the common solution is to change to the newer antenna amp, however, i have the newer antenna amp from factory.

I cant quite figure out how i can get better FM reception... ?

In saying that, new headunit is a massive quality improvement on the factory unit...

Is the Alpine unit not a factory E46 unit?

If not - have you connected the aerial amp power supply in the radio wiring harness?

Is the Alpine unit not a factory E46 unit?

If not - have you connected the aerial amp power supply in the radio wiring harness?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s

I used an bmw to iso and iso to alpine loom, didnt make any cuts or connections

There is of course a power antenna blue wire in the loom which is usually used to power an aerial that extends etc, but according to the handbook, it says it shouldnt be used to power an antenna amp