Sign in to follow this  
easy4life

British import E46 M3

HELLO Guys, I am new to here. may need some help from you guys.

recently, I had my eyes on a import E46 M3, was originally from UK and now is 62k miles (just over 100k). and seller is asking 37k.

Do you guys think its a good buy? or not. and is there a way to check the service record back to UK?

Thanks, Any input helps!!

BMW UK will have the full service history in their systems if it was serviced at a BMW dealer.

They should be able too search by VIN or UK Reg plate if you know what it used too be.

As for price a low milege (25k miles) last of the shape 2006 E46 in the UK is about GBP£12k or about NZ$24k + GST, if you get a VAT Qual one you can get 20% off the UK price, but must be a VAT Qualifying car.

So assuming you get a VAT Q car and allowing 3-4K for shipping, $1k for compliance and first registration

Total cost to import would be roughly about $27k for a low mileage example.

Compare that too the NZ price is your answer.

But the thing is now, I think everyone is to late to purchase and import a car for the UK with the new import rules that are about to change in 2012. This isnt all cars, but I would think an E46 M3 wont be able to be imported. I could be wrong though?

Thanks guys, that's a huge gap I reckon...

any one here can able to help me to import one? or able to point me to the right direction?

Thanks guys, that's a huge gap I reckon...

any one here can able to help me to import one? or able to point me to the right direction?

I looked at importing a E46 M3 a year or two back.

Was a Chch company that quoted me $4000 to ship two cars (two cars is one container load). This seemed to include compliance but don't quote me on that as a never took it up (started renting cars instead devinerentals.com).

But the thing is now, I think everyone is to late to purchase and import a car for the UK with the new import rules that are about to change in 2012. This isnt all cars, but I would think an E46 M3 wont be able to be imported. I could be wrong though?

What minimum spec, Is it just Euro 4 compliance?.