Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Angle Eye Headlightss for E38

Hi Fellow Bimersporters

I will be shortly selling my E38 but in the meantime i have decided to sell the Angel Eye headlights I bought from the dogdy trader in Christchurch. Turned out they are LEFTHAND drive - of course NZ is RIGHTHAND drive.

They are for sale on a $1 no reserve acution on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=419621486

selling? after all the work on your stereo?

Name or shop of said dodgy trader so no one else goes there or buys from him..

selling? after all the work on your stereo?

^^^^ my thoughts exactly!

^^^^ my thoughts exactly!

My issue is have 4 cars. I should NEVER have bought the Audi as it has cost a small fortune to get working the properly - now done 5000km since the Turbo was replaced. Yes I ignored the wise advice of my fellow Bimmersport memebers. However the Audi is now doing the job we intended.

It's a descision that guts me but it seems "logical". I hardly use the car - 12000km in over 4 years. That said, now that the Audi is running fine we no longer use the Odyssey - we have done 8000km in the Audi in just 6 months so I guess despite it's limitations (small luggage area) we obviously find it the most convienient of our "fleet". The Odyssey is the more practicle vehicle size wize but it's not as nice to drive, and it costs more in fuel. So conceivably we could sell the Odyssey, or keep the Odyssey and Sell the Audi. Anyway we have to sell one of them as it's insane maintaining 4 cars for 2 people.

I have however spent considerable amounts of money on it - new Dunlop 20" tyres, paint touched up, new disks and pads this year for a WOF, new rear suspension bushes and control arms last WOF, adding the Navigation, reversing camera, and several $1000 on the stereo. It only has one fault - I've lost a connection to the boot closed sensor so I may just get an auto electrican to sort that. I think I may have broekn a wire trying to get the reversing camera power cable through the tight plastic sleeves between the boot lid and the boot.

The stereo gear I can remove and reuse in the future or sell. I have removed the amps and cross overs already but not the subs. I havn't restored the wiring to it's original amps yet either. the speakers are still available new for $599 from Paul Money, and mine were never installed, just the cross overs. There are the 2 Kicker 6" subs which I can re-use in my wifes SLK Merc, and we can reuse one of the Amps in the Merc too.

Hmmmmmm perhaps we try harder to sell the Odyssey given it is now actually our least uesd vehicle. I can still restore the stereo in the Beemer if I needed too.

Name or shop of said dodgy trader so no one else goes there or buys from him..

I did already in my post on the discovery my lights were illegal.

There were varous suggestions on how to "fix" them. I tired one involving backed bean tin to make shields. They worked, breifly, but I had attempted to solder them in place. I couldn't be bothered goign back in and screwing the tin shields in place as at the ned of the day they didn't have park lights (indicators lit instead), and there was no adjustment motors.

Sold for $22.50 which is a massive loss! I was hoping for more - oh well that what you get with $1 reserve auctions.