Sign in to follow this  
330iMSport

Code scanning options in Hamilton

Hi all. My 330i has had the check engine light come up on an enthusiastic drive the other night.

No noticable change in performance and I suspect it maybe the same problem as a past code for "fuel trim bank 2, too lean, air leak"

I can't see any obvious issues but will err on the side of caution and run the codes. Does anyone know of the options in Hamilton to do so. Carspot is handy to work and want $78 + GST to pull the codes and reset the light.

I haven't had anything to do with them before as I'd previously gone to SD European for my former BMW. Does anyone have recommendations?

Many thanks

greg hantz auto's, tell him kerry from mosen's sent you, he will look after you..

Thanks Kerry

Ended up swinging by Carspot on Friday and both banks were running lean. After a rummage over the weekend I noticed the dipstick wasn't fully in so my uneducated guess is that was the culprit.

Can anyone clarify? My theory was air into the system after the MAF ends up with not enough fuel so running lean. It was then dumping extra fuel in to compensate which would explain my worsening fuel economy? Clearly I'm no mechanic but is that plausible?

I'm still stuck with a check engine light on so would there be an easy way to check, other than resetting the light again and seeing what happens? Also, would I need a reset before the fuel economy came right or would it figure it out for itself if the dipstick was the problem?

Any insights appreciated!