Sign in to follow this  
C.Ross

Digital climate control issues... Help!

Ok so a few days ago my climate control didnt turn on when the car started and none of the controls worked either. The next day I started the car and after a minute or so it started working fine again untill I turned car off, when I started it again it wouldnt work. Did this for a day or so then I noticed it turning on and off by itself as I drove around town... When it sometimes turns off the auto light stays on as does the ac light but no control buttons would work. I also noticed yesterday that when its off the ac pump is stayin engaged.... All the pipes under the bonnet would freeze up to point when I turn car off the expansion pressure in those pipes continued to turn the ac pump after motor had stopped turning... I have now removed ac fuse so clutch in ac pump doesnt engage but does anyone know is it the computer or blower resistor at fault or what for this intermittent electrical fault?

That is most likely the capacitor that goes on pretty much all of these.

See here for the DIY fix

edit: on mine i just resoldered the capacitor, might be easier than buying another one

Edited by JFry