Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

E36 springs

hey guys I just picked up a cheap set of king springs out of a 318i, and I want to run them in a 320i..

Being a 6cylinder will it make the car rediculously low or is it like E30's and using 4cylinder springs it just lowers it a wee bit more?

Also does anyone run 318i lowering springs in a 320i+ with 17" wheels, i'd love a photo to see how it would look before I do it (for my little sister, so if it's too low she'll take the bumper off no doubt :lol: )

I put 4 cyl jamex superlows in the front of my old e36 325i. it dropped it below 100mm on 17" wheels which had 45 profiles.

hey guys I just picked up a cheap set of king springs out of a 318i, and I want to run them in a 320i..

Being a 6cylinder will it make the car rediculously low or is it like E30's and using 4cylinder springs it just lowers it a wee bit more?

Also does anyone run 318i lowering springs in a 320i+ with 17" wheels, i'd love a photo to see how it would look before I do it (for my little sister, so if it's too low she'll take the bumper off no doubt :lol: )

The cars only a 320i thats been to the moon and back and it's family hack so no one is looking for handling or worried about it especially my sister who drives it the most at the moment, the cars done about 300,000kms so it's soggy/shitty anyway

But since my sisters only young and they would put the car on the legal limit or below it I wont be doing it, don't want her getting ticketed and hassled, thanks for your input though!

...another lot of parts in the spares pile...it's getting abit big Whoops :lol:

also would consider safety. especially if its your sister driving it. even for daily driving, braking, steering and cornering will most likely be affected. a hovering / bouncing car in the motorway is really no fun - have driven one before.

i say dont do it. go to a wrecker and get the right springs. a stiffer suspension is better than a sloppy bouncing one.

Edited by Docile

yeah another good point, as I said above, Not doing it now. I've just added them to all the other E30/E36/E39 parts and "goodies"