Sign in to follow this  
pulse

Seeking advice: Bluetooth car kit + aux-in mod.

I want to retain my factory headdeck in my E85, looking for advice before I install:

- Parrot CK3100 bluetooth car kit

- Aux-in mod

I have purchased:

- Parrot CK3100 kit

- Parrot ISO cable for my factory headdeck

- Auxillary-in mod for my factory headdeck (utilises the input where the factory CD stacker would usually plug into)

- Female 3.5mm jack to RCAs to replace the male version that came with the Auxillary mod.

Posted Image

For the auxillary in, I'd like it to be added where it is on the '06-'08 models pictured here. Will require a small hole to be drilled:

Posted Image

I've done plenty of car audio installations myself, but never retaining the factory headdeck before - am I opening a can of worms, or should this be relatively simple?

The Parrot install should be fairly straight forward with the ISO to FAKRA convert cable you have. I've used a couple of different Parrot kits in my E39, E46 & E83 vehicles, they have all worked well.

Why not get the Aux wiring loom for your head deck instead of an adaptor box for the CD input? I'm fairly sure the E85 have the similar ICE setup to the E83 which has an Aux In capability.

Why not get the Aux wiring loom for your head deck instead of an adaptor box for the CD input? I'm fairly sure the E85 have the similar ICE setup to the E83 which has an Aux In capability.

From what I've read, this is the only option. The Aux-in was added in the 2006 model. If the car had the Nav-unit version of the head unit installed then it wouldn't be an issue.

From what I've read, this is the only option. The Aux-in was added in the 2006 model. If the car had the Nav-unit version of the head unit installed then it wouldn't be an issue.

if you utilize the cd input (presumably for an ipod or similar via an adapter) why do you need another aux input.Dont the "adapters" have their own aux input anyway?

if you utilize the cd input (presumably for an ipod or similar via an adapter) why do you need another aux input.Dont the "adapters" have their own aux input anyway?

The CD input is a weird BMW plug, all the adaptor does is convert it to RCAs.

The CD input is a weird BMW plug, all the adaptor does is convert it to RCAs.

sorry i thought you meant an ipod adapter or similar

All done, was very easy. Only complication was having to splice the loom from the ISO cable and the aux-in cable together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Works brilliantly, crystal clear sound from the aux-in and the car kit works perfectly, stops the stereo sound and switches to phone automatically etc.

Edited by pulse