Sign in to follow this  
b mike w

Need some advice

Hey guys my e30 is starting to rust in quite a few spots and im wondering what to do. ive been quoted $700 for about half the rust so im wondering is it worth paying that much to repair it when i know im not gonna get it back when i eventually sell the car because there is also alot of other things that need fixing like cracked windscreen and front light, gearbox needs replacing which i already have and probly alot more for its next WOF.

If anyone has been in a situation like this some advice would be much appreciated. Im thinking about just parting out all the good stuff and getting rid of the body.

You really need to make the call. How good is the rest of the car condition wise?

Where/how bad is the rust? Have you had a second opinion?

Screen, light etc is not really an issue - those things apply to any car. Gearbox not an issue if you have a replacement already.

What else is likely WOF wise? Maybe get the car appraised before you go about fixing.

If the car is still good overall then maybe it's worth spending on (depending on that cost). Remember - virtually any car will cost you repairs/depreciation during ownership