Sign in to follow this  
58rabbit

E39 MP3 Player Input

I have an E39 wagon and am wanting to know if ti is possible to hook up an MP3 player to the AV inputs of the standard tuner, and if so how do I go about it. ie, I take it that the AV input is on the head unit itself?? and how does the unit come out of the dash?? any help on this is appreciated cheers.

Have a bit of a search. It all comes down to year, stereo and TV options of your car.

Yeah been doing some online research and there seems to be 3 or 4 options, a, go the whole hog and get a Dynavin but this seems an extravagance just to get what I want. b, get the DICE unit but will only play using an ipod as source. c, the one I'm leaning toward is the Grom unit but it would appear that these are only available from the states, if something goes wrong and all that??. d, this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=442545282 but the seller doesnt seem to know whether it will do the job. e, a unit called Anycar which appears to be the same thing as the DMC.

As I said I am leaning towards the Grom unit, has anyone got one or had any experience with one??

Dice Media Bridge with Bluetooth will stream Audio from a BT device as well as play audio from USB devices.

Dice Media Bridge with Bluetooth will stream Audio from a BT device as well as play audio from USB devices.

any idea if this is available for purchase in NZ and does this use the plugs from the cd changer in the boot??

Yes it's available in NZ and yes it connects to the CD Changer plugs in the boot. There's a long cable in the kit so you can install the module in the glove box or centre console, pm me for details