Sign in to follow this  
Henry.tam24

Need help! 2006 320i

Hi, new user on this forum and would really appriciate any help possible.

Looking at buying a 2006 320i with about 75,000km on it and just really wanting to know if there are any major (costly) problems that may arise.

The car is a Japan import.

Would appriciate any type of help!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Edited by ht24

we have a 05 320i (e90) had it coming up to 5 years now and the first three years when it was under warranty was great with no problems.....after the warranty it was problem after problem from front brakes, rear brakes, coils, oil leak, window washer, door handles, air vent....etc

the car now has only done 37,000km!!

i dont have any real advise, our car was purchased from bmw and has been fully serviced from them, so getting a pre-purchase check would help

Edited by evil_elmo

The E90 320i's are great until you get owned off the lights by a 320d - have you considered a diesel?

Hey thanks for the reply,

I'm taking that all the repairs were pretty costly too?

I'm looking at buying from both a dealer and a individual any advice on that?

Not too fuss with the speed really just looking for a comfortable car which may run for a couple of years without any major problems!

a service is about $4XX depending on what needs to be done, brakes are about $1600, coils $800ish but you can always go aftermarket parts now and dont have to take it to a bmw dealer

great car to drive with a very good chassis.....but i have driven the new range of bmw's and man they are even better lol