Sign in to follow this  
viktro

Automotive Photography Workshop #2 (Also free)

Hey guys,

There are a few people here that missed out on the first one that I ran so I'm running another.

Once again the format will be very similar and I'll tweak it as I get more experience in running them. It'd be a good idea for you guys to post what you want to be covered in the workshop.

In summary, I'll be covering the basics of automotive photography - equipment, location, positioning, composition, angles, camera settings, natural light, background. You'll be shooting for most of the workshop and I'll be coaching you through the shots you take and giving you feedback. By the end of it, you should have a better understanding of the basic principles behind automotive photography and be able to shoot good photos reliably!

I'm going to look for a location where we'll end up with some brilliant shots without too much mucking about! I picked a relatively challenging location out at the Wynyard quarter :).

Date: 5th April 2012

Time: 6:30pm

Location: Top level in carpark, Apex Megacentre, 393 Mount Wellington Highway, Mount Wellington

As an aside, I am looking for someone that has an office that they could lend me to run a photoshop workshop for those that are interested. It needs to have a projector and room for people to sit at a boardroom table.

Cheers,

Victor

www.victoryuen.co.nz

021 168 7661

Edited by Viktro

Awesome, I'm gutted I missed out on the last one. I've been really getting in to automotive photography these past few months so it'll be great learning from someone as experienced as you.

Looking forward to it! :D

Hmmm... Might consider going to this. I'm in Napier, but am getting into the automotive stuff as well - I do have a bit of experience, but always lookin' for that extra tid-bit of knowledge.

Hmmm... Might consider going to this. I'm in Napier, but am getting into the automotive stuff as well - I do have a bit of experience, but always lookin' for that extra tid-bit of knowledge.

Sounds good, it's a great opportunity to meet people into the same sort of photography as well

Hey everyone,

This workshop is coming up next week. I've just updated the location, the Apex Megacentre is directly opposite Sylvia Park.

Let me know if you're planning to come along so I can get an idea of numbers.

Also post any particular topics you want me to cover or have them ready to ask me on the night. The stuff that I'll be going through will be very much dictated by what you want to learn about.

Edited by Viktro

Hey everyone,

This workshop is coming up next week. I've just updated the location, the Apex Megacentre is directly opposite Sylvia Park.

Let me know if you're planning to come along so I can get an idea of numbers.

Also post any particular topics you want me to cover or have them ready to ask me on the night. The stuff that I'll be going through will be very much dictated by what you want to learn about.

Hi Viktro,

I only have a small 12 megapixel canon digital camera but I love taking photos of my cars. I would very much want to attend but am worried that what you will teach will be way above the capabilities of my camera. Please advise. Cheers.

Hi Viktro,

I only have a small 12 megapixel canon digital camera but I love taking photos of my cars. I would very much want to attend but am worried that what you will teach will be way above the capabilities of my camera. Please advise. Cheers.

Hey aespablo, come along and even if your camera doesn't do everything you want it to, you'll still be able to pick up pointers. Sorry for the late reply by the way, I didn't have email notification of replies on!

My camera isn't a flash expensive camera, you can usually get some great images just from following some basic principles.

Any plans to 'go on tour' Viktro?

Would be keen if you ever down wgtn way.

Or get it filmed and on youtube for Bimmersport eLearning Modules :lol: