Sign in to follow this  
ACS523i

EDC Shock replacement or rebuild

I recently had an Insurance claim where i was run off the road into some rough stuff, and had to replace the LF EDC shock which broke, these are $1,100 per corner!!! ouch! .... shame because it's only done 120,000 kms ... not big milage for one of these to let go, no rim or other suspension component damage luckilly. (no flash rims with 35/40 series tyres, still the old BBS 16's with bouncy 55 profiles.

For future ref, can these be rebuilt, or is there an alternative - what are the implications of going to a non EDC setup - eg would a set of koni's or bilsteins do the trick? Can this process be done without freaking out the electronics?

Just don't want to have to fork out $3,300 when the other 3's time is up

Jesus...$1100 ea!!!!! my 540i has EDC...was wondering how much they'd cost to replace, mines done 180kms so it's sitting in the back of my mind.

Will be watching htis with interest!

Worth a read, are yours the boge type?

This is to do with the e34 m5 but im sure if it is boge itll be the same, just need to find a company that rebuilds/fixes pneumatic suspension, im sure it will be a heavy industry type engineering company.

Youre in toerunga so im sure big ships/cranes need pneumatic type stuff fixed.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-di...lt-perfect.html

could always get it on billy sports and h&r srings

Edited by shaneg

Worth a read, are yours the boge type?

This is to do with the e34 m5 but im sure if it is boge itll be the same, just need to find a company that rebuilds/fixes pneumatic suspension, im sure it will be a heavy industry type engineering company.

Youre in toerunga so im sure big ships/cranes need pneumatic type stuff fixed.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-di...lt-perfect.html

could always get it on billy sports and h&r srings

Pretty sure they are the Sachs ones (bot the faulty batch) - it seems there is only one source for replacements and that hits the pocket hard