Sign in to follow this  
Flow

E39_Thrust Arm Bushes-Lemforder

These are new of course.

I bought 2 new Lemforder thrust arms which are the best of the OEM control arms for these cars and replaced these bushes with solids.

These are the #1 cause of 110kph shimmy and something most 5ers can do with replacing especially on NZ roads.

$50 for both is a steal for bimmersporters only.

PM me to pick up in Auckland City. I'm a bit time poor at the moment so please save me from having to organize postage.

Happy trails

Jason

PS. I have also replaced all of the engine and trans mounts and the drive shaft flex disk with M5 gear. I'd be happy to get rid of those for cheep as well (including the old thrust arms) They all came off a 65000 k car and are in remarkably good shape.

Posted Image

Edited by Flow

really need a set of these

no money this week though

how much did your non fluid filled ones cost

from where?

and how hard were they to replace inside the arm

Hello Jason H.

The HD's cost me 110 landed, same price as the fluid filled bushes. It just depends what ride you are after. I'm not going to promo other retailers here.

If you have access to a press, a lathe and some round bar the job is a piece of cake.

This is to replace the arm http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160274

To press out the bushes turn up a piece of acetal .5mm smaller than the bushes then use a press or puller to remove them. Make sure the marks are aligned on the arm and the bush when you push them back in.

For the V8's 12.5mm proud is a good starting point for getting them centrally positioned in the arm.

No offence to you outa townies but I but I sure would appreciate it if someone could pick them up after hours.

Cheers

Jason