Sign in to follow this  
ApriliaBoy

Anyone inWgtn with DCAN USB cable?

**** Attention Mods - just realised this is more applicable to electrical/technical section - could you move please? ****

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone in Wgtn has a DCAN cable I could borrow (beer rental fee expected of course) for a few weeks - want to play with options but heard bad things about dodgy ones from ebay. I also need to know what model car you have used it on as it may have wrong pin configuration (ideally its good with LCI e60).

Cheers

Dean

Edited by ApriliaBoy

*bump*

Just in case I used the wrong lingo,the cable is the OBD2 compliant cable for connecting to, well, OBD interface from a PC. The "D' means it's used on later model beemers of all descriptions and, combine that with software floating around, we change any options that come with the modules installed in our cars but set at factory in a way that may not be that great - for example, I just want to put indicators into the HUD display as I tend not to use the dash and my mate wants to have his DRL's turned on to the full power setting when the headlights are on, rather than the hald setting (plus his 535D has loads of options missing from i-drive which I want to have a crack at turning on for him. But you can do things like swap normal bulbs for LED's without resistors and bypass cold start checks so you dont get the idiot lights on the dash, program your sunroof to close if the rain sensor senses rain, turn audible lock confirmations on etc etc.

Anyone?