Sign in to follow this  
jakesae101

E30 cooling issues

So my s/a spec e 30 is overheating it had a blocked radiator . I replaced it with a second hand one new thermostat and a second hand radiator cap . All was well after this for a week then today it started overheating again the only thing that seemed to help was turning the heater and fan on. I tested the aux fan it only seems to work on high speed the viscous fan coupling seems to be not as good as it should be .the only thing that troubled me was that the rad was cold and i would have thaught that if it was simply the fan it would heat up when stationary or in traffic .not all the time is it possible that the new thermostat is stuck shut or am i missing something?

Take the thermostat out & check it. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a faulty new one.

Also - did you get the S/H radiator checked for flow? S/H cap WTF - put a new one on

Take the thermostat out & check it. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a faulty new one.

Also - did you get the S/H radiator checked for flow? S/H cap WTF - put a new one on

Yes i did get it checked and as for the s/h cap i just happened to have it kicking around from some other stuff i got and it looked in better nic than the one that was in there