Sign in to follow this  
liam02

e34 M5

On the how many topic, are there many in NZ. I did see a white one for sale some time ago on the BMW car club website.

Are there any currently for sale!

Jock sold his one.

They are fairly rare. Ray Meadow's E28 M5 is currently for sale. I think Jock's was 1 of 4 NZ new ones. I don't know if that was just the year or all E34 M5's.

i think there are a few imports too.BMW nz may be able to tell you how many there are.As far as i know we only got the 3.6,we didnt get the 3.8 so from 92-93 the 540 was the ultimate 5

Hi Guys

Got an email from Liam02 this morning. Haven't visited the forum in ages as the big white bus has gone. I'm currently building up an AE86 Toyota Corolla Targa Car, but I've just found out I can't race as I have had my neck reconstructed two months ago (another f^%$^n tumour) and with 4 fused vertibrae, the risk of turning into toast in an accident is way too high. Will finish the car and have a bit of fun before selling it. Has 210bhp Celica motor, twin 45s, button clutch, T50 box, 5.1 LSD all in 900kgs. Should fly!

Cain got it right, my old M5 was #1 of 4 new E34s in NZ. There is only one E28 that I know of. There were about 8-10 imports that I know of, so they're rare.

Graham Pedlar in Napier was trying to sell his for ages, Almost identical to mine, and a South African import. The owner from new imigrated to NZ and bought it with him. I think Graham finally managed to sell it about a month ago for $20k, a good buy at that $ IMHO. I got $25k for mine from a bloke in Taupo.

Cheers, Jock