Sign in to follow this  
rusdvl

Is there a size diff in brake rotors

Hey,

I am needing to replace my front and rear brake rotors on my BMW E39 540i 2000 model, and am looking to purchase the rotors from the US as it is cheaper than buying here. Question is.... is there a size difference between the US models and the Jap models? The reason I am asking is that the seller on ebay asked me to make sure the sizes are the same as the US ones... and that made me doubt that they are all the same.

Cheers

Also to note, keep an eye out on shipping cost. Last time i was looking at shipping in rotors from the states it was costing between $300-400NZD.

Yeah, shipping for both front and rear including brake pads is $169 US... all in all will work out under $500 NZ which means I won't get stung by tax as well. And this is for drilled and slotted rotors.

Also to note, keep an eye out on shipping cost. Last time i was looking at shipping in rotors from the states it was costing between $300-400NZD.

Yeah, shipping for both front and rear including brake pads is $169 US... all in all will work out under $500 NZ which means I won't get stung by tax as well. And this is for drilled and slotted rotors.

be careful as I thought the $400 thing was a myth. A quote from consumer.org.nz

Generally the ITF will apply to goods valued over $400 but at times packages valued at less than $400 will attract the fee.

Can't comment specifically on the E39, but I know of other vehicles where the US spec has smaller brakes. Something to do with their mileage getting racked up predominantly on interstates with less high speed braking if I remember correctly.

Anyone know the dimensions for the rotors here? The guy sent me the dimensions of the ones he is selling' but I really don't want to take mine off just to measure them.

Anyone know the dimensions for the rotors here? The guy sent me the dimensions of the ones he is selling' but I really don't want to take mine off just to measure them.

Have you tired real oem? Search your car roto size then change the specs to show us spec and compare?

Have you tired real oem? Search your car roto size then change the specs to show us spec and compare?