Sign in to follow this  
samjarvis1987@gmail.com

Shout out to the guys at Powerhaus

Just wanted to display my gratitude to one of the mechanics who works at Powerhaus for fixing up my broken beamer.

Recently I'd decided to take it upon myself to fix one (both) of the calipers that had a seized piston on my E46 - purchased some second hand calipers and re-furbed them (cleaned, spray painted, and installed new seals).

Decided with the money I was saving to rehaul the whole front brake system (bought new rotors and brake pads too) as one of the rotors was bound to have warped from the heat.

When it came to take off the caliper carriers the bolts were rusted on like a mother f**ker and I couldn't get them off even with a breaker bar (cracked a socket and ripped a socket adapter in half trying to loosen).. so I popped in to Powerhaus and the guy there Reuban lent me a better quality wrench with a bar to extend the handle but still no luck.. so returned the tools and he said he'd pop round after work.

Reuban came round after work and not only proceeded to unloosen my rusted bolts (had a hydraulic jack which lifted the car way higher than my factory jack) but installed both refurbed calipers as well as the rotors, brake pads and bled the brakes too. Rotor was cooked and caliper was rusted enough to prevent it being removed easily.

So after 4 weeks my car is back on the road - thanks to a very helpful mechanic. Not enough people like him in the world. Car had gotten to a stage where I could no longer drive it to a mechanics so he really saved my hide.

Said I'd drop round a box of beers to show my thanks. But yeah, if any of you live in the Wellington region and need some advice or some work done on your car - pop in to Powerhaus and I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

Sam