Sign in to follow this  
e30morgs

e30 325i 1989

Well this is what I started with, picked it up in march and soon after became a member on here! post-16706-1349947400.jpg

post-16706-1349949485.jpg

I wanted a lip for the valance, which was ruined as is, and sure enough picked up a bumper and lip on trademe so that was my next job

post-16706-1349947537.jpg

After fiddling round for hours removing, painting and replacing the valance and lip, I also got some black plates off German plates, A site i'm sure you are all aware of

post-16706-1349947707.jpg

The New Zealand Police force swiftly look care of my new plates so it was back to the standard legal ones! Also got the mrs to whip on some yellow tint film on the high beams and fog lights that I picked up from HellBM

post-16706-1349947875.jpg

Purchased an IS lip of I believe BMRMAD, painted that up and chucked it on, tidied up a bit of the paint work while I was at it

post-16706-1349947994.jpg

As the tint film on the front lights had worked so well, thought I would also give it a go on the back! As the New Zealand Police force had taken care of the tights I had on the rear lights at the time (A very good thing in hindsight). I also painted up the stock tow hook, you can see the wheels I had on it, they were okay but wasn't really feeling them

post-16706-1349948156.jpg

post-16706-1349948215.jpg

Picked up some cheap roof racks off trade me and away we went!

post-16706-1349948311.jpg

Then gave her a nice clean and tried to take some nice pictures, this was the result

post-16706-1349949448.jpg

post-16706-1349948478.jpg

The next chapter in my wee story didn't go as planned, sh*t hit the fan on the way home from town one night, on the Harbour bridge to be precise, naturally I wasn't stopping on the bridge, which lead to ruining the piston rings :(post-16706-1349948681.jpg

So it was off to HellBM for a 'fresher' m20b25

Next on the list was new wheels and tyres went for xxr002 15x8 0p

post-16706-1349948845.jpg

The current stage of my 'build' has only seen the front lowered another 25mm or so, but here is a few pictures of it's current form!

post-16706-1349949054.jpg

post-16706-1349949075.jpg

post-16706-1349949117.jpg

post-16706-1349949151.jpg

Obviously been a lot of other maintenance and what not, but yeah you get the picture!

More to come.

Wishlist;

- Exhaust mounted further in

- Wind Deflector; DIY Perspex already purchased

- Rusted Bonnet; In the back yard

- Paint Cuurent Bonnet

- Paint bumpers

- Full panel and paint would be ideal, but will see if time and dosh allows it!

- Adjustable suspension

Feedback Welcomed!

Edited by e30morgs

Nice to see the progress that you've made.

Personally, I'd shadowline the chrome trim around the windows, get a different rear muffler (or mount it further in), and get a factory lip spoiler for the boot. Although it looks nice as is. The yellow tint film definitely works

Nice to see the progress that you've made.

Personally, I'd shadowline the chrome trim around the windows, get a different rear muffler (or mount it further in), and get a factory lip spoiler for the boot. Although it looks nice as is. The yellow tint film definitely works

Haven't really looked into mufflers, but yeah really don't like they way this one sits, if i got a wee spoiler it would probably be the modern looking stick on ones, I quite like them and seen the shadow lining done, unsure how I feel about it so will stay chrome for now! haha Cheers for your feedback!

Haven't really looked into mufflers, but yeah really don't like they way this one sits, if i got a wee spoiler it would probably be the modern looking stick on ones, I quite like them and seen the shadow lining done, unsure how I feel about it so will stay chrome for now! haha Cheers for your feedback!

If you are unsure about blacking out the trim, grab some black insulation tape and wrap it on the trim and stand back to get an idea of what it would look like. Would give you an idea whether to go ahead or not.

Just seen this thread.. I owned that awhile back. Good to see it still being cared for

If you are unsure about blacking out the trim, grab some black insulation tape and wrap it on the trim and stand back to get an idea of what it would look like. Would give you an idea whether to go ahead or not.

Now that is a good idea! Might have to give that a go! Cheers

Just seen this thread.. I owned that awhile back. Good to see it still being cared for

How long ago was that? Looked like it must have had a rough time between you and me owning it haha

Looking good man, some nice improvements since I saw it last.

You getting any tyre rub with the 15s?

I agree about sorting out the muffler mounting and shadow lining though!

Looking good man, some nice improvements since I saw it last.

You getting any tyre rub with the 15s?

I agree about sorting out the muffler mounting and shadow lining though!

Cheers man, it was rubbing on the back but got some Bilsteins from ray and hasn't rubbed since, the muffler has been driving me nuts haha I it looks horrible, just about getting some time to do something about it haha