Sign in to follow this  
curves.asia

E30 Throttle & Transmission Re-Cabling

Hey everyone,

I've just started with some engine/mechanical re-tunes on the E30 I've just bought, but does anyone know where I can get cheap good quality throttle and transmission cables? They need a bit of a re-cabling i.e. new cables as the old ones are making the throttle quite heavy and unresponsive.

Personally I prefer a lighter touch to the throttle to blip the car going, but man this one's just too heavy :|

Edited by curves.asia

Transmission cables? for the kickdown?

E30's have a pretty heavy throttle... you could try cleaning it up with silicone spray or something.

I personally prefer the heavy throttle.

Transmission cables? for the kickdown?

E30's have a pretty heavy throttle... you could try cleaning it up with silicone spray or something.

I personally prefer the heavy throttle.

Yeah they are known to have a heavy throttle but this one's pretty heavy. Gonna change all the sparks, oil filter and what nots on Sunday.

And yes, the kickdown's pretty lame. Feels as though there's a lot I need to do with the engine :(

Edited by curves.asia

best way to fix the kickdown problem is buy a Manual Conversion. - that's what everyone else has done.

best way to fix the kickdown problem is buy a Manual Conversion. - that's what everyone else has done.

Word. Not as expensive as you think either Eddy. Give Hellbm a call.

Took the cone filter out and put back the original in after cleaning it, took out the spark plugs and gave them a check/clean, re-fitted everything in and hallelujah kickdown. The culprit was the cone filter - found no use whatsoever to the car's performance-wise as there was just too much air to create a good vacuum. Mended the throttle cabling too.

The new oil filter, sparks and etc. are picked up tomorrow hopefully will get that sorted by weekend :)

On the side note, mechanics are going back down to original state until the problem's all rectified then work my way into fine tuning it.

Edited by curves.asia