Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Buying New Speakers+sub for e39

Howdy,

I'm looking to upgrade my e39 520i's sound system (because I'm an audiophile) - but have no idea about what kind of sound setup e39's have. There was another topic about e39 speaker upgrades, which I have read - but that was more focussed on DIY. I want to simply pick the correct, and decent, speakers + sub and have it installed by others. I'm not planning to spend TOO much on the speakers, but a decent amount to at least get some decent sound quality as my ones are dying/dulling out on sound. So I got a few questions:

1) Are there any specific speakers/brands any of you have previously upgraded to inside an e39? Anything you recommend, and preferable places that sell them?

2) Are there any specs I should adhere to so I don't end up getting speakers that don't even fit the car?

3) Know of any good place that would perform the speaker install for me? (sub too)

Any info would be great. This thread might be in the wrong forum, but I am actually looking to buy the speakers + sub still so if any is for sale then let me know :D

Edited by *Glenn*

selling now a sony xplod 1300watt sub box and vibrant amp for 200 dollars on trademe B.S price is $180 I have earthquake wires too which are 5000watts for an extra $70

can install for extra too

my number is 021 255 0834

Edited by Niraj

Out of the 5 bmws I have owned, 4 have had sounds installed at rapid radio in town. They are a very good outfit when it comes to installing sounds. Unfortunately all my cars have been 3 series so can't say what would suit a 5 series as I don't know what the setup is in there. If your really into your music sound, I wouldn't go for Sony. Maybe pioneer or even if you want to spend a little bit of money try the likes of soundstream I've had in my cars every single time and wouldn't choose anything else.

Hope this helps.

Sweet thanks - Yeah I've been recommended rapid radio by others as well. Was also thinking Pioneer (I've got Pioneer turntables + mixer and they haven't let me down so I can somewhat trust the brand I suppose :D)

Any idea how long an installation usually takes?