Sign in to follow this  
E21runner

E21 Project Restore - Hurdle

Hey there fellow Bimmersportians,

Really hoping the community can help me out here.

Am 'balls' deep into a full (body) restore of this lovely vehicle (interior then engine will follow), and have hit a (common) snag, as around the bottom of the rear windscreen the panel has rotted out. So the easy way to fix, rather than fabricate a new one would be to cut the piece out of the a donor shell that has been parted out...? The idea is easy, but finding someone with a wreck E21 is proving somewhat difficult, just about all the rust has been taken out now so this area is slowing us down a tad. Trying to get it painted by Xmas.... (trying to remain optimistic)

If any body can point me in the right direction I would be supremely appreciative (no stranger in using beer as bribery either). Because I think this lil car of mine deserves a bit of a resurrection - not that I have much of a choice now but to continue on.

Thanks in advance for any advice/information

There are a couple of 'wrecks' on Trademe, although they both mention rust, so could be as bad ...... ??

There are a couple of 'wrecks' on Trademe, although they both mention rust, so could be as bad ...... ??

Cheers, a fantastic chap in the Mt called me today from my 'wanted' listing on trademe and has basically found a freshly wreck minta and cut all the panels I need off for me. legendary fella, picking them up on Sunday. Even got some good sports seats. Over the moon. Thanks!!