Sign in to follow this  
328FTW

E30 plug on back of auto gearbox

Hey guys I'm after the plug off the back of the gearbox. It's a round one, chopped off is fine so I can solder it onto my loom. My plug is destroyed and I've been asking all over trademe with no luck. This stupid little thing is holding up getting the car back on the road :(

rather buy one cause it's a PITA and I dunno how the wires go. I didn't unplug it when I lifted the thing out and it pulled all the wires out. It's also one of those twist plugs and has weird round prongs in it so I dunno what kind of connector I could push onto them plus if I could even solder it.

Chop one off yours and send it, it's a piece of sh*t anyway ;)

rather buy one cause it's a PITA and I dunno how the wires go. I didn't unplug it when I lifted the thing out and it pulled all the wires out. It's also one of those twist plugs and has weird round prongs in it so I dunno what kind of connector I could push onto them plus if I could even solder it.

Chop one off yours and send it, it's a piece of sh*t anyway ;)

I'll have a look under an e30 that has arrived

cheers

Jon

I'll have a look under an e30 that has arrived

cheers

Jon

Cheers

Bump, still looking for this. Or some kinda diagram of it? I'd rather buy the plug though, not hard cause I just need it chopped off an old body. Maybe the 5 series used the same one to maybe, might post a pic tonight.

Still looking.. I've had other things to do to the car but will still need this plug. Mine is a write off.

Does it have the sports type transmission?

I did the same thing.. well dad did.

turns out I just damaged the exterior of the case, the locking on bit... I cut the top of the case off so it left me with the rubber insert which guides all the pins... and just stuck it back in the hole.. hadn't moved in over 2 years.

Hey guys I'm after the plug off the back of the gearbox. It's a round one, chopped off is fine so I can solder it onto my loom. My plug is destroyed and I've been asking all over trademe with no luck. This stupid little thing is holding up getting the car back on the road :(

have had a car arrive 73,000kms with auto that's electronic with the switch type

same as yours??

Edited by JKSE