Sign in to follow this  
ACS523i

Open road running - service interval?

I have an 96 E39 540i which I use for work, I travel 40,000kms per year easy, mostly open road running. I don't cane it, so can anyone tell me what the ideal service interval would be, currently changing oil every 10,000 kms.

Running a little rough at the moment, has 153 kms, so going to replace Oil, Fuel and Air filter, not sure when the plugs were done, I got it at 110kms ........... I hear you soon know if they have gone, really rough, jerky under load??

Suggestions??

hey steve,

if you are experiencing the jerky under load problem then a good service might sort out your problem.

spark plugs are a inspection 2 item. Check your service manual as to when that was last done.

If you can't see one then chances are they haven't and that very much could be your problem.

I just changed mine at 90k's and they are knackered. Very little electrode left. I would expect your problem would have started within the next 20k's.

If that doesn't help then get the car scanned as this can sometimes point out the problem item.

The service light should help as an indicator as to when, I always service before the light comes on anyway.

Edited by M5V8