Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

Tiptronic

cain is not against the auto side of it,he is against the downside of autos,the tourque converter...i wish cars had constant mesh gearboxes like motorbikes.....with really short travel clutches.... or clutches integrated into the box so as soon as you move the lever the clutch engages automatically(make that disengages)...my mate always says...but paul you can drive a auto like a manual.....and i say well if you drive like that why not have a manual

how do the smg dsg etc work in stop start or really slow traffic.when you are going slower than idle in first

.....porche could make a fortune if they sued every one who used tiptronic in their ads

Guest Andrew

how do the smg dsg etc work in stop start or really slow traffic.when you are going slower than idle in first

.....porche could make a fortune if they sued every one who used tiptronic in their ads

DSG still uses a torque converter.

SMG just kills the clutch at low speed - or it tries very hard not to and ends up very very jerky.