Sign in to follow this  
mlracing

FS: 1996 BMW 540i

So with a new g-ride I no longer need this fine piece of engineering. I have had it I think about 2 years now? Photos look super shitty due to taken on a potato, will have to get some proper ones/actually buy a camera. Interior shots to follow after I give it a bit of a clean inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good Stuff:

Manly V8 Engine. Good for towing stuff, has no issue towing cars, boats, trailers etc, effortless. Also sounds cool.

Impeccable service history. I have had it serviced by Bellars every 6 months if needed (discretion was used by Bellars). Prior to my ownership there are years and years back of receipts and previous works done on the car.

Lush leather interior. It's lush, leather is awesome. General condition is good, steering wheel is a bit worn and one bit on one of the door cards of passenger rear has been ripped slightly by previous owner's child. Could easily repair if you were bothered.

Tyres are good. Rears are pretty new only couple months old Achilles something, fronts still have good tread DZ101 from memory.

AC Schnitzer (probably style, can't confirm) wheels. Looks good.

Sport shocks - was informed by previous owner the adjustable shocks that were there had failed so he replaced them with sport shocks, standard springs still. Handling is awesome for a large car.

Tints - good for keeping out prying eyes and sunlight.

Sunroof - it's sweet, can have it half up for that douche look (a personal favourite) or full back for that awkward left side of neck/face sunburn goodness.

Heated seats both work sweet.

Memory for adjusting seats/mirrors etc

Sweet stereo for standard car, 8 speakers afaik. Still has fully sick tape deck and cd stacker that doesn't appear to work but has a TV as well that picks up the UHF spec while it's still around. I understand there is some upgrade you can get to put a freeview thing inside? Unsure though, just what I've read..

Automatic and multi-zone aircon! So good for when your Mrs is like ohh it's so cold put the heater on MAXIMUM but you don't want to because you're in a singlet and stubbies already sweating your ass off. Now she can, and you can have that frosty air goodness flowing between your legs.

Less Good:

Small tear on rear passenger door card as mentioned above.

Paint is not so great, would probably look awesome with polish/paint repair etc but I haven't done it. Car lives outside under trees so that doesn't help.

One of the air vents is a bit messed up, seems to be broken and can't really adjust it well.

Sometimes a warning comes up about fog light not working, don't listen to it they work sweet. I think usually when it's been raining this happens.

Sometimes the little readout thing below the cluster is pixelated, this is common and can be fixed easily but requires taking out the dash. Did not worry me as you can still read it.

Basically it's an all round super lush couch with heaps of guts that oozes bossness. Over hundred grand when new so you can swoon women by saying they're riding in a hundred grand car.. they probably won't believe you but it feels good saying it.. Around 172xxx ks done.

How much am I asking for ALL of this? A mere $6750ono is all! Keen to see it gone now that I have another car, don't need two dailies and don't have the space. PM me or feel free to ask any questions :)

UPDATE: More updated images and now on Trademe..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BMW 540i 1996 | Trade Me

Edited by mlracing.co.nz

I don't usually like to have my number in public display but you are welcome to contact me via 021 151 3509. Text only, calls will not be answered.

That's crazy you wont answear calls only the serious buyers pick up the phone and call IMO. Txt only good on ya.

That's crazy you wont answear calls only the serious buyers pick up the phone and call IMO. Txt only good on ya.

I'm not able to answer the phone during the day, evenings I'm usually working. Email or PM is also no problems.