Sign in to follow this  
chriskent25@hotmail.com

Mechanic/Garage recommendations Auckland

Hey folks, I'm new to this forum, owned a BMW for roughly a year - 2004 318ti.

Hoping to get some advice on a couple of things..

1 - EML light has started coming on but goes after a few seconds. Started up engine once and it stayed on so had limited power, switched car off and tried again - all fine! But since then the light always shows up initially?

2 - Had a low coolant warning light come on, but levels are all good? Think there is a slow leak somewhere...

3- Can anyone recommend a good honest mechanic based in Auckland (more central the better), would like to get the car checked out.

As you can probably tell I'm not that mechanically minded so go easy on a newbie!

Cheers,

Chris

Hey folks, I'm new to this forum, owned a BMW for roughly a year - 2004 318ti.

Hoping to get some advice on a couple of things..

1 - EML light has started coming on but goes after a few seconds. Started up engine once and it stayed on so had limited power, switched car off and tried again - all fine! But since then the light always shows up initially?

2 - Had a low coolant warning light come on, but levels are all good? Think there is a slow leak somewhere...

3- Can anyone recommend a good honest mechanic based in Auckland (more central the better), would like to get the car checked out.

As you can probably tell I'm not that mechanically minded so go easy on a newbie!

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome to the forum :)

Glenn out at botany motor worx comes highly recommended, and is also a forum sponsor. Give him a bell, I'm sure he'll sort ya out with minimal fuss

Welcome to the forum :)

Glenn out at botany motor worx comes highly recommended, and is also a forum sponsor. Give him a bell, I'm sure he'll sort ya out with minimal fuss

+1 about Glenn. Although, he's a bit out of the city (at Botany Junction, near Flat Bush). He's sorted about 90% of my car related stuff out, the other 10% was at BM Workshop Grey Lynn, which was before I knew about Glenn.