Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

E34 540i Front springs......

Hi there Guys. Im sure its probably been covered in here before, but who imports Vogtlands Springs?? And Im also looking for feedback from current / past users of them in a E34 V8.....

From my own research - I 'think' Vogtlands will probably be best option for me. Primarily, I wish to retain a good ride like at the moment (picture me being of a age where I wear a cap the 'correct way'......), I want to retain recently replaced standard shocks, & also, get rid of the silly looking 'nose up' stance these cars seem to have in standard spec......it will end up running 17inch rims too as its still stock std NZ new spec at the mo.

Bear in mind 'recent purchase', first BMW, first 'car' in a 20yr history of commercial & 4WD vehicles, & is going to be a bit of a toy, Sunday cruiser type of thing, but must be able to cope with high speed long distance work at times, as well as the occasional gravel road........somewhere in amongst it all 'look goooooood' is also there, but lowered so its scraping paint off the tarmac, isn't......

Sound like I'm on the right track??

Thanks....... :-)

Hi there Guys. Im sure its probably been covered in here before, but who imports Vogtlands Springs?? And Im also looking for feedback from current / past users of them in a E34 V8.....

From my own research - I 'think' Vogtlands will probably be best option for me. Primarily, I wish to retain a good ride like at the moment (picture me being of a age where I wear a cap the 'correct way'......), I want to retain recently replaced standard shocks, & also, get rid of the silly looking 'nose up' stance these cars seem to have in standard spec......it will end up running 17inch rims too as its still stock std NZ new spec at the mo.

Bear in mind 'recent purchase', first BMW, first 'car' in a 20yr history of commercial & 4WD vehicles, & is going to be a bit of a toy, Sunday cruiser type of thing, but must be able to cope with high speed long distance work at times, as well as the occasional gravel road........somewhere in amongst it all 'look goooooood' is also there, but lowered so its scraping paint off the tarmac, isn't......

Sound like I'm on the right track??

Thanks....... :-)

Go to George Stocks. I spoke to a guy at speedshow on the Stocks stand, and he said he would get them in...at a cost of course, they did have some on show for various vehicles. They have some guys in there that live and breathe springs.

I have Kings on the front of mine, and I guess they are fine, perfect for a daily driver as they are only 30-35mm drop. I got those from Stocks too $200.00 just for the front, and I have HD billies, and it works for me, but my other E34 is much smoother on std shocks to be fair. Don't know if its the springs or the shocks but shes pretty rigid up front, bloody great though when you start pushing it. Money no object I may have gone with Vogt's, from what I have heard, but for me, the king low's are perfect. It's your money, and you can go nuts on an E34.

my 2c

Hi Lionel. Thanks for that - Ive looked at getting a BMW dealer to bring in some Motorsport springs, but they're a bit cagey on if they'll fit stock struts etc, what ride height will be, plus, are fairly expensive........

Will try Stocks on their options..