Sign in to follow this  
sirboomalot

96 328i Motorsort Rear Shocks

Could anyone please help me out. My 96 328i Motorsport sedan rear shocks are a bit tired and was wondering if anyone knows what other e36 shocks are interchangeable with mine.

Thanks

If it is a "true" motorsport with motorsport suspension then the shocks are an up-rated shock common to all M-sport E36's except the M3.

Full motorsport suspension will have higher rate springs, lowered slightly , stiffer front and rear roil bars and stiffer shocks.

Easiest way to check is measure the ride height and the diameter of the sway bars.

If it just has the badges then it will have the same shocks as other 6 cylinder E36's

Thanks for that. Yes it has the motorsport package. Was checked via http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/ and yes sits lower than standard.

Any E36 sedan or coupe shocks will fit but as above you would want the motorsport ones for your Msport

Hi, Further to the OP's question here. Does anyone know what the diameter of the standard sway bars are?

My 328 is a factory Nz new M sport but someone has replaced at least, the rear shocks with standard ones, would like to a bit of checking around the car to see what else has been "downgraded".... Measuring sway bars seems relatively easy....

Thought M-sport body kits and M-spec suspension are two different options...