Sign in to follow this  
bmwwgn

Famliy of five's

I've been a 5-series nut ever since buying my first E28 (also my first BMW) around 20 years ago.

Since then I've owned a further four E28's, including an M5; eight E34's, including three Touring's; and three E39's - two of which were Touring's.

An E30 320iSE, E38 728iA and E23 745iA were also slotted into the mix, but I invariably return to the faithful and familiar five series.

This is a (pretty average) shot of our current 5er fleet.

94 525iA (wife's car, 202,000 kms - bought it fresh from Japan [one owner] with 68k on it, back in '01)

92 535iA (SA built, 132,000 kms)

88 525eeA (NZ new, project car, 165,000 kms)

Posted Image

My other current BMW is a '94 850CSi.

Good on ya - nice looking line-up. :) Its quite kool really when you think all were made in Germany before dispatch to various parts of the world, & have now all found themselves at your place from where they were originally.

Pics of 850 sometime too maybe.......??

Cheers.

Good on ya - nice looking line-up. :) Its quite kool really when you think all were made in Germany before dispatch to various parts of the world, & have now all found themselves at your place from where they were originally.

Pics of 850 sometime too maybe.......??

Cheers.

Thanks - they're all standard, no mods except the clear indicators on the Arktissiber car, plus it originally didn't have the front fogs or the cross-spoke alloys.

I want to fit the same alloys to the E28, as they allow more rubber on the road and really do suit the car, as in this shot of my previous car.

Posted Image

Here's a link to my E31.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=11395

" One of seven right-hand drive 850CSi coupes (type EG92) built to non-UK specification "

Now, that's rare !!

Nice Car

" One of seven right-hand drive 850CSi coupes (type EG92) built to non-UK specification "

Now, that's rare !!

Nice Car

I've been reading the same, & was gob-smacked by how tidy, original, & 'as new' it looks.......just amazing!! To me, those 850's just seem so far ahead of their time, given when they were produced.

Yes Peter, you definitely need those rims - whole fleet with match then....... :)

Edited by Blue-540i

Now, that's rare !!

Nice Car

Thanks, she's a rare beauty alright.

The 850CSi was never offered for sale here in NZ, as it would have been hugely expensive.

I've also heard another reason, that it needed a specific grade of high octane unleaded petrol which NZ did not have back then.

Of the 160 RHD 850CSi's produced, there were 153 built to UK-spec, and the seven non-UK RHD cars which were sold in Australia (3), Singapore (2) and Hong Kong (2).

We actually have two of these seven CSi's here in NZ - mine (ex-HKG) and one of the Singapore cars.

The other HKG car is still registered there, while the remaining Singapore car now lives in Australia.

I've heard that one of the (four) cars in Oz is actually in a museum!

I've been reading the same, & was gob-smacked by how tidy, original, & 'as new' it looks.......just amazing!! To me, those 850's just seem so far ahead of their time, given when they were produced.

Yes Peter, you definitely need those rims - whole fleet with match then....... :)

Thanks.

Yes, cross spoke design all round, including the CSi.

I've made a separate thread for it here:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=45724