Sign in to follow this  
Katana

Japanese E60 2003 525i

I have a 03 E60 525i Japanese import. It has a DVD navigation system in the boot and seems to be missing the disc or the flash card. Can I get a NZ version, if so where? Can I download a copy and burn to a disc? The radio also has the wrong frequencies but still works, can I get into a diagnostic and change to NZ? I live in Wanganui also so I am challenged with my location. Cheers guys

No it is not a straight forward case of inserting a disc. The Jap system is totally aliien to the rest of world. The hardware too needs changing & programming to the car before inserting an NZ map disc.

Only oufit that I am aware of in NZ able to do the job is SW Automotive - a sponser on here. They can reprogramme the radio too AFAIK

• Like 1

i thought that you can re set the radio to NZ frequencies,but may be mistaken,but the nav system is completely different as said above

Nope car needs to be coded for FM. Around $350ish for NZ FM and nav is $1500 but includes the FM. Auto Gravity in Dominion Rd. Need to get it done on my Touring.

Edited by beemn
  • Like 1

Thats much cheaper alright. Has anyone had a go with NCS expert?, pretty sure that will change fm region, does everything else

Euro Surgeon did mine in my E60 Lci for under $1200.

full nav? from what i have seen and can tell pre lci is ccc idrive (dvd based) and lci is cic hdd based. but mine is ccc but has hdd and no dvd which i cant make sense of.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I appreciate suggestions. I live in Wanganui so driving up to Auckland and spending $1200 on a gps or radio is excessive in my book. I do appreciate the comments though, thanks.

Joe did my nav and fm today, took about an hour, also coded wing mirrors to fold in on locking at the same time....nice having everything work as it should, best part is he is mobile

Yep mines a jap.

www.eurosurgeon.co.nz

Joe? Is your BMW a japanese model? Do you have contact detail or website? Ta

I travel through Wanganui about once a month on trip from New Plymouth to Palmerston, if your keen to get it all done let me know and I can carry one with me on next trip

Www.eurosurgeon.co.nz