Sign in to follow this  
notsteve

Looking for an old pair of e30 m3 front wheel bearings

Hey,

Does anyone happen to have an old pair of E30 M3 front wheel bearings lying around? I'm looking to machine up some 5 stud hubs for my E30 but I thought first to check if anyone had these, mainly to see if it was possible to make a larger diameter bearing fit with the help of a lathe

Cheers, if you're in Auckland I can pay with a decent number of beers or a non extortionist amount of cash lol

I recally somebody already tried that and found its not doable this way.

I vaguely recall somebody adapted some other model hub using a lathe, but i cant find the article now.

Did you searched the net ?

There are heaps of threads about it, and there's no easy/cheap way for the front.

And I dont like the e36m3 front struts solution because the wheel is no longer centered in the wheel arch - it sits a bit forward or backward (dont remember exactly)

If you are not worried about ABS Sensor rings, they are the same as E28 front wheel bearings.

As Mops said, search the net, there are a few peps who have adapted/sleeved the E30 Spindle for E34/36 wheel bearing/hubs to be used.

[poke]Mops, you prob' wouldn't like a stock E30 M3 either then, as factory they don't have the front wheel centred in the wheel well....[/poke]

Just found this on my regular e30 internet searches.

I am keen on doing a five stud swap on my e30 without breaking the bank and a sleeve over the e30 spindle is the best way to go IMO.

if you find a way I will grab some too....

Damn. Another option would be to machine down the spindle I guess but I'm 85% sure that wont pass a cert. Looking at prices I'll probably go the e36 with sleeves route